We are seeking a Class C Driver / Warehouse with proven experience in the logistics and procurement industry to join our growing team! Our company maintains a thriving water heater business today; with a support team that delivers efficient, and personalized service throughout the Bay Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all deliveries are completed timely, safely and courteously
- Inspect vehicle; check fluid levels, lights, tires, etc.; perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required
- Pull orders, load/unload material and secure the load on the vehicle
- Review delivery manifest; review job site information and special instructions; verify material loaded on truck matches material ordered; sign and date invoice
- Read and interpret maps, road signs and driving directions to plan the most efficient route and schedule of deliveries to job sites
- Practice defensive driving and obey all driving laws and road signs
- Wear personal protective equipment on job sites (hard hat, safety vest and safety glasses)
- Maintain communication with the dispatcher by hands-free phone or two-way radio; relay information about schedule delays or changes, errors, customer questions, etc.
- Prepare accident and incident reports as necessary
- Maintain and submit all driving records such as manifests and mileage and gas receipts
- Interact with customers to obtain COD payment and return signatures; submit payment and invoices to Accounting upon return to WHCI
- Complete a Pink Tag for each product return and submit the tags to the Shipping Supervisor daily
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of your vehicle(s) and the Shipping and Yard areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Spectra360 is a Total Talent Management firm that specializes in contract, temp to hire and direct hire placements with a focus in the logistics industry. In 2018 and 2019, Spectra360 was ranked in the top tier of the nation’s fastest-growing talent management agencies by Inc. Magazine. Our focus is simple – find the best talented professionals and match each person to the right culture fit of our clients. We are always searching for THE BEST and look forward to working with YOU.