Are you ready for a change? We are seeking a Class C Driver with proven experience in the logistics and procurement industry to join our growing team! Our company maintains a thriving water heater business today; with a support team that delivers efficient, and personalized service throughout Bay Area.
Drives Class A, B or C trucks appropriate to their Driver's license. Safely deliveries products to customers on an established route, promote customer satisfaction by ensuring the customer receives a higher than expected level of service by performing the following duties.
WHAT THE CLASS C DRIVER DOES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS:
- Ensure all deliveries are completed timely, safely and courteously
- Inspect vehicle; check fluid levels, lights, tires, etc.; perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required
- Pull orders, load/unload material and secure the load on the vehicle
- Review delivery manifest; review job site information and special instructions; verify material loaded on truck matches material ordered; sign and date invoice
- Read and interpret maps, road signs and driving directions to plan the most efficient route and schedule of deliveries to job sites
- Practice defensive driving and obey all driving laws and road signs
- Wear personal protective equipment on job sites (hard hat, safety vest and safety glasses)
- Maintain communication with the dispatcher by hands-free phone or two-way radio; relay information about schedule delays or changes, errors, customer questions, etc.
- Prepare accident and incident reports as necessary
- Maintain and submit all driving records such as manifests and mileage and gas receipts
- Interact with customers to obtain COD payment and return signatures; submit payment and invoices to Accounting upon return to WHCI
- Complete a Pink Tag for each product return and submit the tags to the Shipping Supervisor daily
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of your vehicle(s) and the Shipping and Yard areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Inform supervisor of your whereabouts, attendance, activities, problems identified and potential problems
- Report to work regularly and on time.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Help Shipping/Receiving after the route is completed.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS CLASS C DRIVER:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Spectra360 is a Total Talent Management firm that specializes in contract, temp to hire and direct hire placements with a focus in the logistics industry. In 2018 and 2019, Spectra360 was ranked in the top tier of the nation’s fastest-growing talent management agencies by Inc. Magazine. Our focus is simple – find the best-talented professionals and match each person to the right culture fit of our clients. We are always searching for THE BEST and look forward to working with YOU.