Spectra360 Inc. is a Total Talent Management firm that specializes in contract, temp to hire and direct hire placements with a focus in several different industries. We are currently hiring Equipment Mechanic. Apply now!
- We are in search of skilled Equipment Mechanics that can function well as part of a team.
- You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our clientele efficiently.
- As a Mechanic you would be responsible for maintaining the equipment we rent. We seek highly motivated mechanics with experience in construction and industrial equipment. Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, gas and diesel machinery is required.
- Previous mechanic service experience in the equipment rental/construction industry and/or a related field preferred
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional & clean appearance
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of rental software
- An ability to function well as part of a team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and assist with customer inquiries
- Maintain and make Rental Ready a variety of construction equipment and tools to ensure their safe operation and customer readiness for rental or purchase
- Perform timely check out/check in
- Load/unload equipment
- Check equipment for damage, record hours used, mileage and fuel levels
- Perform pick-up and delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other Cresco locations for purchase and/or repair
- Follow all Cresco Operational Procedures and QC Standards
- Evaluate and complete equipment repairs
- Complete Parts Order and maintain Parts inventory
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining shop and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times
- Inspect equipment and trucks for safety decals and compliance
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Store Manager, Store Lead Mechanic or any Cresco Manager
Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid California driver's license
- 1-2 years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment
- Basic Equipment Industry training
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours per day
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes