Machine Operator: The position requires, under limited supervision, operation of high speed automated equipment, manage all aspects of the food production from food processing to packaging and is responsible for ensuring that our products are packaged according to quality and safety standards.
- Leads by example each day in key areas – quality, productivity, safety, good manufacturing practices, housekeeping and attendance.
- Responsible for setting up and operating high-speed machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures and standards, equipment troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections, line sanitation, and data recording.
- Individuals must maintain workstations in an organized and clean manner to ensure Food Safety, OSHA rules and practices and Good Manufacturing Practices. Interact with production team members, quality assurance technicians, and maintenance technicians to improve safety, quality and maximize plant output.
- Refers issues/problems to Production Lead or Production/Shift Supervisor for disposition.
- Work with production teammates and other employees to generate production efficiency, quality, and safety improvements
- Conduct equipment changeovers to accommodate production demands
- Conduct quality inspections on processes, raw materials, and finished products
- Troubleshoot basic equipment problems and make basic repairs.
- Read and use equipment manuals and diagrams
- Record production output, quality results, and reasons for equipment downtime in computer applications
- Adhere to excellent housekeeping standards at work stations
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with other team members
- Ability to work safely and multi-task in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the operator is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Wears required safety equipment including but not limited to; hearing protection and safety glasses.