Become part of 3PL-provider and an innovator in full-spectrum supply chain support services. We are in need of Material Handler to join our growing team based in Fremont, California. Interesting in learning more? Contact us!
WHAT THE MATERIAL HANDLER DOES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS:
- Use hand truck, dollies, pallet jack and other motorized equipment to move material or freight in the warehouse-storage facility.
- Unload Customer product as they come inbound.
- Load product that is being processed for outbound.
- Weigh product and take measurements (DIMS).
- Receive, unpack, check and verify product to ensure accuracy.
- Take Receiving Exceptions as needed.
- Use handheld RF tools to receive, pick, stock check and ship product into WMS.
- Conduct: stock checks, part number verification, Cycle Counts, support physical inventory.
- Pack, re-pack and wrap product for shipping/storage.
- Consolidate partial pallets into full pallets for location/inventory consolidation.
- Label parts as needed during receipt, put away, picking or shipping process.
- Pick parts for: order fulfillment, shipments, scrap request, etc.
- Strap/unstrap or open pallets, boxes or crates as needed.
- Stage completed orders or shipments to staging area.
- Ensure that orders and shipping material is accompanied with proper delivery documents: Revised BOL, Packing slip, Manual tag, etc.
- Enform lead/supervisor on a timely manner about OSD (overages, shortages & damage) found while picking orders or shipments.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Complete paperwork thoroughly and promptly.
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Attention to detail
- Take ownership of assigned task and complete in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to interact well with others and follow instructions.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch.
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN MATERIAL HANDLER:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years Warehouse and Logistics experience.
- Prior Forklift Certification, with 2 years’ forklift experience.
- Customer and Quality focused.
- LEAN understanding with ability to fully execute 5S and 7S.
- Great communication skills.
- Understanding of logistics, shipping and receiving, and standard work instruction protocols.
- Strong math and writing skills
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work independently
- High sense of accuracy
- Assertive, able to meet high volume and demand
- Basic Computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
Spectra360 is a Total Talent Management firm that specializes in contract, temp to hire and direct hire placements with a focus in the logistics industry. In 2018 and 2019, Spectra360 was ranked in the top tier of the nation’s fastest-growing talent management agencies by Inc. Magazine. Our focus is simple – find the best talented professionals and match each person to the right culture fit of our clients. We are always searching for THE BEST and look forward to working with YOU.